"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky."
- Percy Bysshe Shelley
Oktoberfest Beer Brats
- 24 ounces of beer
- 5 bratwursts
- 5 hot dog buns
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Recipe adapted from Tasty
- Cook the brats in a pot with the beer for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep the beer in the pot and transfer the brats to the grill. Grill for another 10-15 minutes.
- In the pot with the beer, add in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir over low to medium heat until mixed.
- Add the brats to the buns and top with the beer cheese mix!
Can You Benefit From the Earned Income Tax Benefit?
The earned income tax credit may be able to help taxpayers put more money in their pocket. There are a few groups of people that should consider looking into the credit more. These groups may include:
- Native Americans - If a Native American taxpayer receives income as an employee or from owning a business, they may be eligible for the earned income tax credit.
- Grandparents - Grandparents who are raising grandchildren may be able to benefit from the earned income tax credit. They should make sure that the child meets the qualified child requirements. There are also a few other considerations and special rules for this segment.
- Taxpayers in Rural Areas - If you live in a rural area, you may be eligible for the credit.
The IRS has prepared the EITC Assistant to help taxpayers determine if they qualify for the EITC.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov
These Golf Stretches Will Help Improve Your Game
As much as strategy is important on the course, taking care of your body is just as, if not more, important. One of the best things you can do for your game is stretch before and after your game. These stretches will help get you started:
- Stretch your quads by resting your foot on a chair behind you and bending your knee. Then, you can twist back and forth to mimic your backswing. You should feel the stretch in your quads, back, and trunk.
- To stretch your lower back, grab a chair and grasp it with your hands. Holding the chair and keeping your back straight, move your body down and away from your hands until you feel a stretch in your lats, lower back, and hamstrings.
- To stretch your hips, sit on a chair or bench with your legs at a 90 degree angle. Then, place your right ankle on top of your left thigh. If you want to increase the stretch, lean forward slowly. Repeat on both sides.
Tip adapted from Mayo Clinic
For Healthy Meals, Shop In-Season Produce
Looking to mix up your dinner game, eat healthier, and benefit the environment? One of the easiest things you can do is enjoy in-season produce. Not only is this produce fresher, but it is also better for the environment because it takes less energy to produce and transport.
Want to enjoy some delicious fall produce? Here's some of what's in season:
- Sweet potatoes
Cozy up and create a warm, delicious dish with some of this in-season produce and cook a healthy, hearty meal for your family. In-season produce is healthier, fresher, and often requires fewer preservatives, pesticides, and transportation. Braise, bake, or boil all this delicious fall produce.
Tip adapted from Saveur 
3 Tips To Clear The Clutter
Here are some tips to help:
- Respect your belongings, and invest where it matters. If you buy lots of cheap products, you value them less than a few quality pieces.
- Consider where your stuff comes from. It can be easy to just click "add to cart" and have something at your house in two days, but everything is manufactured somewhere and requires labor, transportation, and materials.
- Consider what you're buying and if you actually need it. Will you use this product in 2 years? Can you make do with what you already have?
Remember: stuff takes up not just space, but also time. When you buy less, you'll have more room for the things that matter most in life.