Drive-in Movies Are Coming To Walmarts Across America - And Every Showing Is Free
By Good News Network
"Let the popcorn munching, soda slurping, and celebrity spotting begin. It’s time to return to the 1950s and enjoy a film in the open air, because drive-in movie screenings are coming free to Walmarts across the USA.
If you’ve always wanted to catch a classic film on the big screen, the Walmart Drive-in tour can make that happen in a socially-distancing way. Best of all? Actress Drew Barrymore will be there to virtually host each event—and at one surprise location, she’ll even be there in person.
Created in response to the coronavirus, 160 Walmart stores across the country are going to be hosting the drive-in movie nights until the end of October.
“We recognize the challenges our customers and their families have faced over the last few months,” said Janey Whiteside, Walmart’s chief customer officer, “and we wanted to create an experience where they could come together safely to create new memories. The Walmart Drive-in is one small way we’re supporting the communities we serve.”
The fun starts on August 14, and this is no small initiative. Over the next few months, there’ll be 320 movies playing from coast to coast, from Houston, Texas, to Sedalia, Montana.
Film choices have all been curated by Walmart’s drive-in partner, the Tribeca Film Festival–so rest assured these won’t be duds.
From the safety of your vehicle, here’s a selection of the kinds of movies you’ll be able to enjoy:
- Inspiring sports stories like Friday Night Lights, The Karate Kid, and Space Jam
- Blockbuster franchises including Black Panther, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Spider-ManTM: Into The Spider-Verse, Spy Kids, Teen Titans GO! To the Movies, and Wonder Woman
- Out-of-this-world stories like E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Ghostbusters, and Men in BlackTM: International
- Nostalgic favorites including Back to the Future, Beetlejuice, The Goonies, and The Wizard of Oz
- Inspiring true stories from Dolphin Tale to Selena
- Animated features enjoyable for the youngest to the oldest, like Cars, The Iron Giant, The Lego Movie, and Madagascar
For more positive news stories, be sure to check out our blog page every Friday!
To speak with a member of our team, book online at https://bookwithsfg.timetap.com/, give us a call at 612-492-0212 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.